Share This Article
Pizza is one of those foods, which I could eat forever and not hate it.
Pizza is so great, that I had it tattooed on my leg.
Pizza puns are for life. I mean, in the pizza we crust.
Pizza is one of those meals I crave pretty much all the time and I don’t get bored of eating it. With so many different types of pizza on the market, you can’t help but fall in love with it. I’m a vegetarian, therefore, my topping choices are often the same. Pepper, mushroom, cheese and plenty of mushroom! Whether I am eating from Domino’s, Pizza Hut or Papa Johns I’m always up for a pizza. So what about making pizza at home? I’m also a fan of doing this from time to time, I’ve even made my own bases and tomato sauce. However, recently I discovered a type of pizza that has changed the way I eat pizza. That way is pizza toast, now hear me out, although it sounds strange it is super filling and tastes better than it sounds.
Pizza toast is the perfect quick lunch, a hangover cure or an easy snack for when you’re in a rush. It can be served with salad, chips or just on its own the possibilities are endless. In just 15 minutes you can whip up a portion of this pizza toast and the more you make it, the more you can explore what you like on it, be even more adventurous. This recipe is vegetarian, however, I’ve heard that ham and pepperoni also make great toppings. So how do I make pizza toast? Keep reading to find out.
Quick N Easy Pizza Toast
In a rush, hungover or just fancy some pizza? I have the perfect recipe that you can make in your own home!
Servings 2 pieces
- 2 Slices Bread Your favourite is fine
- 2 tsp Tomato Puree You can get the one with added garlic or basil if you're looking for a change
- 50 g Cheddar Grated works best
Optional toppings (these are my go tos)
- 2 Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper
- ½ An onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Basil, Parsley or any herb you fancy
- To start preheat your grill and line a tray with parchment paper
- Next, you will need to chop up your ingredients
- Toast your bread for a minute so it becomes more firm
- Spread a generous amount of tomato puree on the pieces of toast
- Chuck on your toppings, the more the better!
- Sprinkle the cheese and make sure everywhere is covered
- Pop this in the grill for 2-3 minutes
- Take out and garnish
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick and easy recipe for making the ultimate pizza toast in a matter of minutes, let me know in the comments what your favourite toppings on pizza are.