Share This Article
It’s October, which only means ONE thing to me; Halloween. Back in August, I started to plan out my Halloween posts and I knew I wanted to feature lots of baking. I saw lots of recipes I thought would be fun to re-create so here we are; today I have decided to make my own Frankenstein Cake pops with a twist! They’re made out of marshmallow. They’re also super duper easy to make so yay!
-Marshmallows of any size (I prefer the big American styled ones)
-Brown and green candy melts (you can buy them at Hobbycraft/Lakeland in the UK)
-An edible pen/icing
- Pop the green candy melts in the microwave for around a 1 minute 30 seconds; of course, this depends on the microwave wattage.
- Start popping the marshmallow on to the sticks, I would say one bag of candy melts will make around 10 large marshmallows.
- Roll the marshmallows on sticks in the melted candy and then smooth off with a knife or leave as they are for them to look like mine. (I think they look better this way)
- Pop in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- When solid take out the fridge and then melt the brown candy melts, use even less of these than you did of the green as you only need a bit for the hair.
- Either dip the ‘head’ into the melts or again use a knife. Again I decided to do it like this as I prefer them a bit messy.
- Leave to set for another 15 minutes.
- Whilst they are setting, make up some icing by using icing sugar and water. This is to stick the eyes on.
- When they are set, pop a little bit of icing sugar on the back of each eye and then press into place.
- Then draw on the rest of the features with an icing pen or edible ink to give them an extra scary look.
I hope you enjoyed my first of many Halloween posts!