Love lemonade? Ever thought about making your own- if not, you seriously should. As a huge fan of lemon juice, it’s satisfying to be able to make your own lemonade. Then in the hot sun, you can enjoy a cool glass of lemonade poured over ice. As I was kindly gifted some macarons from Cake Cetera, I thought it would be lovely to pair them with the lemonade. Although making your own isn’t as simple as going down to the shop and buying R White’s, the taste is so much better you’ll wish you were making your own sooner. If you keep your lemonade in a jug with a lid on this should last for around 2-3 days. If you’re only looking for a glass or two, half the ingredients so you’re left with less waste. Any leftover open lemon, pop it in the fridge and it will take away any bad smells lurking in the fridge. A life hack we won’t ever forget. So here’s a quick tutorial on how to make yourself some homemade lemonade.
What you will need:
- 4 lemons
- 175g of caster sugar
- 200ml of fizzy water
- A tray of ice
- Cut the lemons into four or eight and then squeeze them of all of their juices, straight into a food processor or blender to save losing any of the juice.
- Add half of the sugar to the lemon in the blender and mix it up whilst gradually adding the water.
- Once this is done add the remainder of the water and sugar and once again blend.
- Either add the ice during the process to make it super cold and then blend or just add after.
- Finally, pour it into a jar or glass and add cute straws (and umbrellas) for the perfect summer drink.
Who doesn’t love some tasty Macaroons with their lemonade! ( Made by Cake Cetera)