Share This Article
Good morning guys, I hope you’re good! Today I am bringing you a post inspired by the amazing weather we’ve been having this week (it’s actually been Summer like for those of you who don’t live in the UK) with that in mind I have decided to create a post on how to have a garden party when you are a student; usually garden parties are more upmarket but I have a bit of an idea to make them a little more student like and fun. THIS IS NOT A BBQ because we are better than that (only joking, it can be whatever you want it to be). I recently wrote a post on having the perfect pizza party if you fancy a read of that; click here.
What you will need to host a garden party:
- Food (get a mix of vegetarian and meat to suit everyone who is attending)
- A BBQ
- Adorable fairy lights to pop around the garden! (The Range do some adorable ones)
- Lots and lots of booze (or do a BYOB message on Facebook)
- Red cups (to drink the booze out of and play beer pong)
- Garlands (always fun)
- Glow sticks
- Paper plates
- Possibly some chairs and tables (depends how fancy you wanna go)
- Plan in advance (so people will actually turn up)
- Let your neighbours know in advance (keep the peace yo)
- Get everyone to bring something to keep it cheap
- Create a playlist beforehand
- Have a FAAAB night!
- Using The Hand Test to gauge the temperature of the grill if you don’t have a thermometer. Place your open palm about 5 inches above the grill rack. The heat is high if you have to move your hand in 2 seconds, medium if you have to move your hand in 5 seconds, and low if you have to move your hand in 10 seconds. This will come in handy when cooking delicate proteins or vegetables that need a lower heat or starting steaks low and be finishing over a high heat.