Share This Article
Halloween is coming and I cannot wait for it to arrive! So today I am bringing you a super fun and yummy Halloween food tutorial on how to make gruesome bark! I first out what bark was after seeing a super lovely unicorn version on Facebook and it inspired me to make my own version. It’s a super simple recipe and lots of fun to make and perfect to serve at any party or to just enjoy as a treat on Halloween for yourself! To make this recipe you will need:
- Green, orange and white Candy Melts which you can purchase here.
- A variety of toppings (I got most of mine from Hobbycraft but you can get them in most places)
- A baking tray
How to make the bark:
- Separate about half a bag of melts in each colour into microwavable pots, in turns put each colour in for around 2 minutes (this is based on an 800w microwave)
- Once you’ve melted a colour spread it out onto to a baking tray as you feel, I spread mine quite thickly in three different places around the tray and then built it up with each other.
- When all three colours are melted and on the baking tray, mix them around and make it look even more spooky.
- Then following this, add lots of fun stuff on top. I used eyes, a pack of 3D Halloween items, sprinkles and mini ghosts.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- The bark should now be set and to make it into bark it is really simple, just snap it into pieces.
If you feel like experimenting with the colours I think red and white would also look really cool, especially if you put lots of white down first and then drip the red on to the base.