Share This Article
Baking is one of my favourite past times, I’m pretty sure it always has been. From a young age I remember annoying my mum until she let me bake fairy cakes, this then envolved into cupcakes brownies and cheesecake. Now I live with Will, it means that I can bake whenever I want as much as Will hates the mess I make in the kitchen, I am a messy creative, what can I say?
I love baking due to it allowing me to be as creative as possible within my work. With cupcakes, bark and brownies being something I can’t get enough of. Despite me enjoying baking, making intricate flowers and models are not my friends. I often struggle with icing, but I am getting better which makes me happy! I am happy to admit that I can whip up a batch of chocolate brownies no problem.
As it is almost Easter I went full out with an Easter theme for these. I even purchased some adorable props from Hobbycraft. These brownies are thick, full of chocolatey goodness and then topped with crushed smarties eggs, however, mini eggs also work. Oh and throughout, there is a variety of chocolate eggs too. The brownies can be made after easter using all of your leftover easter egg and treats. If you’re wondering how long the brownies take to make it is under an hour (I know right) As I enjoyed making these brownies so much, I decided to create a recipe card which will allow you to print this out to follow it step by step. I hope you enjoy my recipe and if you’re looking to view any of my other recipes you can find these here.
Double Chocolate Easter Egg Brownies
Easy and creative chocolate brownies
Servings 12 chunks
For these Easter brownies you will need-
- 4 Eggs
- 100 g Butter
- 250 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 30 g Mini Eggs
- 30 g Smarties
- 1 Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 180° and pop some parchment paper in a deep tray
- Melt your chocolate and butter, the best way to do this and keep it creamy is via putting a heatproof bowl on top of a pan of boiling water. Once these are both melted together give it a good stir and set to one side.
- In a separate bowl add sugar, cocoa powder, flour and eggs then mix them together.
- Once cool slowly start adding your chocolate and butter mixture to the pan where the other ingredients are. You will need to blend this well if you have a good processor this may be your best option as the mixture is thick.
- Smash up some of the mini eggs and smarties. Do this in a zip lock bag as it allows you to apply force and make less of a mess. You want to create lots of bits to spread throughout your brownie.
- Tip into the tray which you prepped earlier then place some more mini eggs within your mixture. Use a knife to push some further into the brownies as well. Then pop in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and add even more eggs/smarties and then pop in for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool and then cut into 12.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and I’d love to know what your favourite chocolate treat is in the comments!