Share This Article
Lockdown has equalled an unholy amount of time on Animal Crossing, a game which until it came out two months ago I’d never actually played. I don’t know why or how I’ve managed to avoid such an amazing game until now. However, I have fully made up for it with the number of hours I’ve put in this time around. Whilst I was writing my dissertation, I played a lot of The Sims during my breaks and wrote a blog post inspired by my love for the game, 25 thoughts whilst playing The Sims which a lot of you related to. It was a super fun post to write, so I decided to do a similar one but for Animal Crossing.
Hopefully, you enjoy this post, and if you too are an Animal Crossing player, you’re likely to have had these thoughts as well.
1. During terraforming, why does every villager want to sit where you’re trying to dig?
2. Why do they always have so much random stuff in their pockets? Surveillance camera (tick), comedians outfit (tick), the kitchen sink (literally tick!)
3. Said annoying villager won’t ever leave, no matter how much you ignore them.
4. Why are the jocks never actually working out?
5. Do they always steal the nicknames from each other?
6. Omg, why can’t I have this villager as a real life pet
7. When your cute villager asks you to buy something and you can’t say no
8. The singing is too cuteeeeeeee (unless you hate the villager, then it can go away!)
9. I want to sit on the floor like the villagers dooooo
10. Woah what is with that sass!
11. Sable is soooo cute and misunderstood
12. Why are we only allowed 10 villagers, I could deffo make room for 15
13. Why do my faves always want to leave
14. I wish there were more personality types
15. I need a real life penguin.
16. Why can’t you put things in your bag, surely that could be used for extra storage
17. What would the dodos do? (Clearly, nothing as they are extinct?)
18. If only I could island-hop without having to return back each time.
19. I just want to wipe Daisy-Maes nose.
20. Where is CJ at? My collection of fish is getting out of control
21. Why does the game have to be in real time
22. Do we really need to see that loading screen every time someone enters an island?
23. Why those turnip prices go up and down quicker than my mood swings
24. Can my house actually be this nice though?
25. NOT ANOTHER SEA BASS
26. Why have I become Redd’s cousin?
27. More flowers Isabelle? Why so manyyyyyyyyyy!
28. Why is a horse mackerel the Magikarp of Animal Crossing
29. Hanging out in Animal Crossing is the new way to spend time with your pals.
30. Why 99k and not 100k it makes no sense!
31. You’re charging me 50,000 bells to move a campsite which is the same price as moving a house. Surely the campsite is a smaller job?
32. Why can’t I put anything outside of resident services, it would look so cute with flowers!
33. Does Isabelle ever leave to go home? She talks about these recipes but does Tom ever let her leave…
34. The number of times I’ve seen Tom Nook put a hot coffee in his pocket is unreal
35. Are Timmy and Tommy his sons? Come on Nintendo we need answers.
You can buy Animal Crossing from the Nintendo Store to get a digital download.