Share This Article
Halloween Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Spooky yet delicious cream cheese cupcakes
Servings 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 125 g Caste Sugar
- 125 g Butter
- 175 g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2 drop Raspberry flavouring
- 1-3 drop Orange food colouring
For the decoration
- 300 g Cream Cheese
- 150 g Butter
- 45 g Caster Sugar
- 2 drops Black food colouring
- Edible Glitter
- Decorative Halloween Treats
- 250 g Candy Melts
How to make the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and get a baking tray ready with cupcake cases.
- Melt your candy melts in the microwave for two minutes, pour out onto baking paper and pop into the fridge. Once it's set, use a rolling pin to break into pieces and use later when it comes to decorating.
- Whisk the eggs together, then add the weighed out butter and caster sugar
- Using a whisk, make sure the ingredients are blended together well.
- Add your choice of flavouring, raspberry is amazing for this as it complements the cream cheese well.
- Finally, add your food colouring. For orange, adding more can give it the best shade of orange. Add it in tiny amounts and keep adding to it, especially if it's concentrated.
- Dollop your cake mix until each case is evenly spread- getting a perfect amount can be done with an ice cream scoop.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes, but check throughout the cooking process.
- If you believe your cakes to be done, poke a cocktail stick in a few of them and if it comes out clean your cakes are done.
- Let your cakes cool for 30 minutes
- Once your cupcakes are cool, mix together cream cheese with butter thoroughly until smooth, however, make sure you don't over whisk it. Then you need to add the caster sugar.
- If you're looking to make black cream cheese, this would be when you add the colouring to the icing.
- Next, apply the icing however you like, I tend to scoop a section of the cake out and fill it with icing then top it with edible glitter and candy bark.