How to make a mug cake in less than 10 minutes:
Ever had a massive craving for cake and there is nowhere near to get from? Sunday vibes right there, but instead of being sad, I have a solution! A cupcake in a mug, now stay with me on this one, it genuinely looks and tastes like a cupcake, whether you choose to have it warm or cold is up to you and dependant on what you have in the house, the variations of a mug cake can be anything from a simple plain cake to a chocolate delight. You can even decorate it with buttercream or icing if you fancy it.
So the ingredient list is:
2 tbsp self-rising flour (although regular all-purpose flour works too)
2 tbsp sugar/sweetener
1 tbsp cocoa (optional)
1 tbsp oil
Let the creating begin:
- Get a microwavable large mug.
- Pour the dry ingredients in and stir with a spoon.
- Crack in the egg and combine
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix it well.
- Put it into a microwave for 2 ½ mins on full power.
- Keep an eye on it ‘cause sometimes the cake will rise out of the mug and fall over. If that happens, just stop the microwave, guide it back in, and start baking again!