Share This Article
- 400 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Treacle
- 100 ml Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 drop Red Food Colouring
- Parchment Paper
How to make sugar glass.
- Once it is simmering you need to wait for the sugar to melt, to keep the sugar from sticking to the pan, swirl the pan gently making sure not to stir the liquid.
- Grab an old pan, then pour in the contents of the sugar, alongside the lemon juice and water. Turn on the hob and wait for it to start simmering. In this time grab a baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
- Add the treacle and let it bubble until it looks clear, then take it off the hob when ready. Your liquid should look clear.
- Quickly pour it on to the tray with parchment paper and then grab your food colouring and drag it through with a cocktail stick or fork. This should then make it look like fake blood has been pulled through the glass.
- Leave it to dry, on the side rather than the fridge. Once dry use a rolling pin to break it into little pieces and then your fake glass is complete.