Share This Article
Double Chocolate Easter Egg Brownies
Easy and creative chocolate brownies
Servings 12 chunks
For these Easter brownies you will need-
- 4 Eggs
- 100 g Butter
- 250 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 30 g Mini Eggs
- 30 g Smarties
- 1 Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 180° and pop some parchment paper in a deep tray
- Melt your chocolate and butter, the best way to do this and keep it creamy is via putting a heatproof bowl on top of a pan of boiling water. Once these are both melted together give it a good stir and set to one side.
- In a separate bowl add sugar, cocoa powder, flour and eggs then mix them together.
- Once cool slowly start adding your chocolate and butter mixture to the pan where the other ingredients are. You will need to blend this well if you have a good processor this may be your best option as the mixture is thick.
- Smash up some of the mini eggs and smarties. Do this in a zip lock bag as it allows you to apply force and make less of a mess. You want to create lots of bits to spread throughout your brownie.
- Tip into the tray which you prepped earlier then place some more mini eggs within your mixture. Use a knife to push some further into the brownies as well. Then pop in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and add even more eggs/smarties and then pop in for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool and then cut into 12.